Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 General Comments
 Irving Vincent Engines
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2021 :  2:52:16 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Is the engine with only one plug being used at P$ events, has anybody noticed?
And what about the 4 valve head also.
I love the technology in the engines, but I dont want to race against a 4 valve 3 plug headed donk in a PO4 event. I will talk to Barry later, but wondering if others have concerns.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2021 :  05:42:14 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Historic racing in now our only development class, The Irving Vincent is excellent, but it is not an historic racer except for the fact that it fits within the rules. One thing we never did in the olden days was cheat on engine capacity. But you cannot expect idiots such as Peter Lord and Derek Pickard to know that. Historic racing was stuffed right from it's inception in October 1973. Wolfenden's CB750 Hondas are 1100cc. When I had a go at him over that, he told me his bikes fit within the rules. In effect it does not matter in this case. In Perod 4 about 5 yeart ago. I got one decent start with my Seeley Commando and road under the three lead Hondas at turn two on Winton . I was well in front when my fuel line popped off. Wolfenden's bike do not handle. But an Irving Vincent DOES handle. I have not raced against them, but if they are out on the ripple strips in corners, I can beat them.

Is your machine authentic or merely eligible?
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2021 :  05:48:00 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

I am now 80 and unlikely to race again. I intend to organise a practice day for classic bikes at Winton in the first few months of next year Steve Oszko's son Andrew might be interested in having a ride on my Seeley Commando. I will teach him how to ride it in corners.

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2021 :  05:49:57 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

To beat my Seeley around Winton, you would need 120 BHP.

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2021 :  05:53:26 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

I now have 6 speeds close ratio.

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2021 :  06:02:21 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

John,
You say you do not want to race against the Irving Vincent. I will race against anything, but racing a big four stroke against two strokes is dangerous. The race lines are too different. A two stroke can get to where it should not be in corners With my bike, I always worry about hitting other riders. On right hand corners, I usually go up the right side of the track under the guys who are out on the ripple strips. Similarly on left handers. Most two strokes can go anywhere in corners.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services