Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Promotion of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Southern Classic Veterans Parade
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2007 :  2:24:45 PM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

The Southern Classic is at Broadford on the 23rd, 24th and 25th of November. It is intended to have a veterans parade on the Sunday so if you are interested in taking part in this please put your hand up so we can see it. We will have the use of the media centre as the veterans lounge so there will be somewhere to have a rest and a drink etc. Brush the redbacks out of that old bike and get it running. I look forward to hearing from you. Cheers, John

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

A wise person simplifies the complicated, a fool complicates the simple.

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2007 :  3:33:19 PM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

I am glad to see some dates for this Historic Meeting on the Classic Calendar posted.
We can't promote our racing enough and get enough through the gates at any meeting.
Thanks for your input John and look forward to seeing you at Broadford in November.
Cheers Keith Campbell
Go to Top of Page

Patrick
Level 3 Member

Victoria

314 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2007 :  10:29:42 PM  Show Profile Send Patrick a Private Message  

A few Road Broadford dates that may be of interest.

November

16 Champions Ride Day
23 Practice
24 Southern Classic
25 Southern Classic
30 Practice [ Hughie Hoare event next day ]

December

01 Hughie Hoare Memoral Race Day
02 Hughie Hoare Memoral Endurance Races!
07 Champions Ride Day
08 Champions Ride Day
09 Side Car Intro Day [not to be missed]
16 Practice

Best
Patrick

Edited by - Patrick on 11 Nov 2007 8:40:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2007 :  11:57:26 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Well guys I am happy to say that I now have expressions of interest from 37 "veterans". If we work together on this we could turn it into something special. The Poms have their Goodwood events which are really something special, now if we could borrow Goodwood House and the Earl of March for the weekend and persuade John Surtees, Giacomo Agostini, Phil Read and a few more to come out maybe we could get our event noticed. Come on you lot, help me out. This is our sport, not my sport!

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2007 :  9:57:39 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I sent more passes over tpo you John, just out of intreset do you have an updated idea on the numbers involved.
For others we have set aside some space between the toilet block, the track exit road and the canteen as a pit and display area for the Veterans machines.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2007 :  10:14:44 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Thanks John, I really don't know how many to expect.
Somewhere between 50 and 100 perhaps,depending on how many travel alone and how many get driven up.
The replies are slow coming in, which doesn't surprise me. I will keep you updated as I learn.
Cheers, John

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services