Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 General Comments
 PCRA Round at Broadford
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

JasonL
Level 3 Member

Victoria

240 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2010 :  12:17:17 PM  Show Profile Send JasonL a Private Message  

The Post Classic Racing Association of NSW are holding a two day meet at Broadford Oct 2-3. Entry form on:

www.postclassicracing.com.au

Doghouse Dave
Level 2 Member

Victoria

34 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2010 :  11:45:29 PM  Show Profile Send Doghouse Dave a Private Message  

Is it a NSW interclub? I tried to enter but they wanted me to join their club not much good for a Victorian!

It doesnt matter if you win or lose,its having a good time that counts.
Go to Top of Page

JasonL
Level 3 Member

Victoria

240 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2010 :  08:57:44 AM  Show Profile Send JasonL a Private Message  

The only Vic club invited was Preston which strikes me as very odd, I had pointed out to them months ago that of the modern clubs only Hartwell have any regular historic runners plus of course the obvious - HMRAV
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2010 :  10:51:08 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Most HMRAV members would be getting ready for 23 / 24 October.
Also, that same weekend was the preferred date for the HMRAV which in itself should not be an issue, but it was annoying to get knocked off.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2010 :  12:30:45 PM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

My understanding is that it is a long weekend in N.S.W. and therefore gives our northern cousins more time to get home.
I think that if next year's event included H.M.R.A.V. it could well get support from period 4 and 5 riders as a pre Southern Classic warm up.
We need to break down the barriers.
If we had H.M.R.A.V. and P.C.R.A. working TOGETHER we could be going on an exciting trip.

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

A wise person simplifies the complicated, a fool complicates the simple.
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2010 :  12:50:02 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I am happy to encourage working together, but, a race event 2 weeks before another will always test the loyalty of any rider with an old bike.
I think its too close.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

Patrick
Level 3 Member

Victoria

314 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2010 :  8:51:34 PM  Show Profile Send Patrick a Private Message  

quote:
Originally posted by john

Most HMRAV members would be getting ready for 23 / 24 October.
Also, that same weekend was the preferred date for the HMRAV which in itself should not be an issue, but it was annoying to get knocked off.

That is complete rubbish - PCRA requested in early November 2009 the first weekend in October 2010 for a Three Day Event.
I wrote to MV Road Mgm. in November 2009 requesting their approval for the dates.
Prior to this HMRAV had already booked and confirmed the 22-24 October as their preferred date for the 2010 Southern Classic.
I have tried all day to contact JD by phone!

Go to Top of Page

JasonL
Level 3 Member

Victoria

240 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2010 :  12:12:33 PM  Show Profile Send JasonL a Private Message  

Thank you for the clarification Patrick, it is most helpful.

Everyone enjoyed themselves there and I doubt its the last time PCRA visit.
Go to Top of Page

Patrick
Level 3 Member

Victoria

314 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2010 :  9:32:39 PM  Show Profile Send Patrick a Private Message  

I was surprised how many sidecars were racing [JD would have been so proud as he has done much to promote]
Very good meeting - but now off to the three weeks after, mighty Southern Classic for 2010!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services