Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 General Comments
 1951 Racing Lambretta
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

ozziebsa
Level 1 Member

New South Wales

15 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2008 :  2:30:05 PM  Show Profile Send ozziebsa a Private Message  

Hello,
Anyone remember the factory built racing Lambrettas from 1951?
The Spirit Of Speed DVD says that Bert Flood raced one of these in Victoria and at Bathurst in 1951? Any info or photos of Bert on this Lambretta.
Info I have suggests they did not arrive in Australia until Nov. 1951 well after Bathurst so Just what was Bert Flood racing??
Also anyone have info on just who the first importers of Lambretta motorscooters were in Australia?
And any info or photos of John Seary on his 1951 Bathurst winning Lambretta??
All Replies Appreciated
[URL=http://img77.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1952nswttbobjemison1ue3.jpg][/URL]

My email : classicbike11111@aapt.net.au

Edited by - ozziebsa on 09 Jun 2008 4:40:53 PM

trifield12
Level 1 Member

Victoria

13 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2008 :  8:54:10 PM  Show Profile Send trifield12 a Private Message  

contact garth rhodes , i think he has it or one of them
Go to Top of Page

ozziebsa
Level 1 Member

New South Wales

15 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2008 :  10:16:06 PM  Show Profile Send ozziebsa a Private Message  

Thanks Trifield12 for the response,
That owners name wasn't actually meant to be advertised and just to let you know I have the other one. I was after info on Lambrettas early history as it is now unsure if Bert Flood and John Seary's Lambrettas were these genuine factory built racers or home brewed specials.
Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2008 :  10:16:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  

i remember a conversation with a elderly gentleman at Winton a long time ago,he was on the organising commitee for the Southern Classic,at the time he was in possession of the/a racing lambretta,aparently it was a well known race scooter in its day,i was racing a Gilera 125 (sei gornie)which sparked his interesting story,cheers
Go to Top of Page

ozziebsa
Level 1 Member

New South Wales

15 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2009 :  9:51:18 PM  Show Profile Send ozziebsa a Private Message  

Well a picture of Bert Flood on a Lambretta at Bathurst in 1952 has surfaced.

It shows Bert on a Genuine factory built Model B racing Lambretta in 3rd place leading Bill Morris on a BSA Bantam.

I am still looking for a photo of the winner of the first ever 125cc race at Bathurst in 1951 - John Seary on another Lambretta.

My email: classicbike11111@aapt.net.au ozzieracer
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.15 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services