Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Eligibilty Area
 Eligibilty on Fuel
 WHAT FUEL CAN I USE IN A GSX1100 P5 SOLO ?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

Former Member
deleted

29 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2004 :  11:55:29 AM  

IVE HEARD SUCH DIFFERENING ANSWERS ON THIS TOPIC. FOR PERIOD 5, SOME SAY AV-GAS IS LEGAL TO USE, OTHERS SAY ITS SOON TO BE BANNED FOR USE, OTHERS SAY ITS ILLEGAL TO USE. STUFFED IF I KNOW !!! WHAT ABOUT METHANOL IN A GSX1100 P5 ? IM GUESSING THATS ILLEGAL TOO, IS IT ? ID PREFUR TO USE METHANOL FOR ITS COOLING ABILITIES IN A BIG BORE MACHINE, AS ITS FINE TO USE IT IN GSX1100 SPEEDWAY OUTFITS !!! WHY CAN SPEEDWAY USE IT AND ROADRACERS CANT IF THATS THE CASE ? SOMEONE ELSE TOLD ME PREMIUM UNLEADED IS ALL WE P5 RACERS ARE ALLOWED TO USE. HELP!!!.......WHITEY.

Former Member
deleted

174 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2004 :  01:50:08 AM  

Gday Whitey,
Im not a 100% sure but Im pretty sure that you cant run anything but Premium Unleaded.Solos unsure,Sidecars positive.
I run BP Ultimate in the outfit which has the GSX1100 donk in it and havnt had a single prob with it.
DONT USE OPTIMAX its crap it has to many blends that dont mix well with each other.
Mobil 8000 is meant to be OK but I havnt used it and probably wont either.
You are probably better off using it (BP,Mobil),and its a heap cheaper than AV or Meth...

If you have any left after the race weeekend just put it in the other halfs car on Sunday night and walla no wasteage or stale fuel for the next weekends racing.

Cheers
Neill

Its not what you ride,Its how fast you ride it!!!
Go to Top of Page

Former Member
deleted

29 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2004 :  11:59:25 AM  

THANKS 4 THE REPLY NEILL. I FIGURED THAT P.U.L.P WAS THE ONLY FUEL WERE ALOWED TO USE. PERIOD 4 ON THE OTHER HAND MAY STILL USE EITHER METHANOL OR AVIATION FUEL? I WANDER WHY SPEEDWAY SOLOS AND OUTFITS ARE ALOWED TO RUN METHANOL IN THEIR GSX1100's AND THE LIKE, AS THEYRE UNDER THE SAME "M.A" AUSTRALIA BANNER AS ARE WE. WERE THESE RULES MADE UP BY M.A. OR BY THE POSTCLASSIC PEOPLE, WHEN PROPOSING THE P5 FORGOTTEN ERA CLASS? AH WELL, WHATS ALOWED WILL HAVE TO DO. WERE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT USING THE SAME FUEL I GUESS.....WHITEY
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2004 :  7:00:30 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Its my understanding that the P5 blokes did not ask for methanol so they did not get it.
Yes Speedway and dirt track use it but they have had a history of use. I guess there is an underlying reason which I will try and find.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2004 :  11:19:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  

manual of m/cycle sport 2004,page 140,paragraph E,leaded fuel provided that,subheading (ii)the fuel purchased is logged in a leaded fuel passbook etc etc provided by MA ,cost you $20 for passbook whitey,(btw,paragraph (a) methanol except for period 5)
Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2004 :  11:22:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  

um!, for leaded fuel read av-gas,(in case you were still wondering!!)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services