Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Forgotten Era
 new kid
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

yamaman
Level 2 Member

Western Australia

44 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2005 :  12:32:42 AM  Show Profile Send yamaman a Private Message  

Hi, hoping to begin my racing career this season!
Period 5 seems to be the one for me, just after a few things (a bike for starters, XS 650 yamaha) any advice, ideas ect would be all apreciated. Cheers yamaman

Beer makes you feel like you should feel when your not drinking beer

popeye
Level 2 Member

Western Australia

187 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2005 :  07:09:51 AM  Show Profile Send popeye a Private Message  

One of our club members has a well set up XS650 for sale at present, would make a good entry bike, contact me off list for details.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we may as well dance
Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2005 :  10:22:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  

3 things described racing,weekly flushing $20 notes down toilet,jumping off bus when it reaches 80k's,can't remember the 3rd,but welcome to the club mate cheers
Go to Top of Page

yamaman
Level 2 Member

Western Australia

44 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2005 :  01:20:51 AM  Show Profile Send yamaman a Private Message  

Cheers matcho, chucking the rock lobsters down the dunny got me excited, but jumping off that bus sealed it! So thanks to Popeye and Bill, I've got my new ride, I'm in!!!
Got a racecraft course in 2weeks, licence test 2weeks after that and W.A. state championship a week after that, phew, worn out already! Exciting days ahead

Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2005 :  01:06:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  

now thats keen with a capital K mate,(Ben please take note ),good luck Yamaman,
Go to Top of Page

popeye
Level 2 Member

Western Australia

187 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2005 :  08:25:54 AM  Show Profile Send popeye a Private Message  

Pleased to be of assistance, you are going to love the ride...........good luck with the licence and have fun,

I'll think about ya while I'm downing the lemonade Billy owes me.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we may as well dance
Go to Top of Page

Ben
Honda CB350 Racers Promotion - Moderator

Victoria

288 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2005 :  4:10:30 PM  Show Profile Send Ben a Private Message  

Ahhhh, c'mon Mick, this is a Honda I am trying to get together! Building class takes time......... Granted more time than most in my case
Maybe I need a week off work to finish things up................. Good luck as well Yamaman!

Try Everything
Go to Top of Page

yamaman
Level 2 Member

Western Australia

44 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2005 :  4:48:15 PM  Show Profile Send yamaman a Private Message  

Cheers Ben ,willing to try most things, but jeezus a honda!!!!
Anyone wear a tiger angel extreme classic suit? They look the buisness, can get pretty hot in the west, also track is supposed to be fairly abrasive (though I believe has been resurfaced recently and may be a bit more leather friendly)
Obviously is a choice that I would be stuck with for a while, or at least the next 50 years Any tips there'd be great.
Only got road type gear at the mo, and being 6'5" & 100kgs just about rules out a second hand set.
yamaman

Go to Top of Page

popeye
Level 2 Member

Western Australia

187 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2005 :  5:19:29 PM  Show Profile Send popeye a Private Message  

Nuffing wrong with honda's, just takes forever to get everything together for the older ones. I am determined to be at the old farts so I am stripping down the CX500 (puts combined bike/rider age at 70) and taking the KH100 in Ultralights,

I saw Keith Campbell's K4 CB350 on the weekend, have a lot of time and $$$ to invest before I get into that league, what an outstanding machine.

Go to Top of Page

yamaman
Level 2 Member

Western Australia

44 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2005 :  5:31:08 PM  Show Profile Send yamaman a Private Message  

Maybe I was a bit harsh on the big H
(You meet the nicest people ........),
just stirrin the possum
congrats to the bourban man for his efforts on the LC on the weekend, keeping the yamy flag ahoist!

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2005 :  5:58:28 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Now listen Ben, there are 24 hours in theday.
8 for getting money for racing
6 for sleeping to get energy to go racing
1 for taking in fuel to go racing
That leaves 8 for chasing chicks or working on your bike to go racing, so what proportion of time have you been spending on this Honda. I am worried that you may have been lead astray mate!!
Yamahaman has been showing you up, Beennnie, your club Needs you!.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

Ben
Honda CB350 Racers Promotion - Moderator

Victoria

288 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2005 :  09:30:37 AM  Show Profile Send Ben a Private Message  

Is this a challenge I smell?

Try Everything
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2005 :  11:35:23 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

What else?

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services