Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Promotion of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 IT'S TIME TO GO RACING AGAIN
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2005 :  11:15:04 AM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

With the 1 event licence announced at the Championships by Pres. Ron Kivovich (M.A.) now is time to get organised for your next meeting.
Over 1000 Log Books have been issued by MA to date and at most meetings less than 20% actually participate. With the new freedom to pick and choose 3 single event licences per year at $77.00 plus entry fees racing has been given a huge boost.As a group of enthusiasts we must now stand up and be counted in coming race meetings.
THIS OPPORTUNITY WILL ONLY EXIST FOR THE 2006 YEAR UNLESS GIVEN STRONG SUPPORT.
It is our responsibility to encourage all owners to prepare their bikes for competition again and ENTER!
I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE WHO KNOWS OF ALL OF THE MAGNIFICENT BIKES NOT BEING RACED (FOR WHATEVER REASON) TO GET ON THE WAGON AGAIN!
The positive spin on the classic scene needs capturing again whilst the Iron is still RED HOT.
SO COME ON ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE GOT IT BUT HAVEN'T BEEN FLAUNTING IT GET TO A MEETING NEAR YOU NEXT YEAR>
THE AUSSIE TITLES IN MT.GAMBIER SHOULD BE BRIMMING.(NOV)
THE BARRY SHEENE RACES AT E.CREEK SHOULD BE A BLAST.(MARCH)
THE VIC TITLES @ BROADFORD (MARCH)
HISTORIC WINTON (MAY)
NSW CHAMPIONSHIPS E.CREEK (AUG ? )
SOUTHERN CLASSIC BROADFORD (OCT)
THERE IS ALSO A RUMOUR ABOUT AN OVER 45'S AT BROADFORD NEXT YEAR (AUGUST ? HARTWELL? )
DARWIN WANT TO HAVE A BIG MEETING.
TASMANIA WANT TO HOLD ANOTHER MEETING.
SO NO MORE EXCUSES, GET OUT THERE AND HAVE THE FUN YOU DESERVE RACING YOUR PRIDE AND JOY AGAIN.

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2005 :  10:24:57 AM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

It is my understanding the licence is for riders of machines that require log books only.
This topic is about going racing again and needs as much exposure as all can give.
If you know of bikes sitting in sheds then tell the owners about this great initiative, now!Cheers Keith.
Go to Top of Page

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2005 :  11:03:12 AM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

I re-iterate, I started this topic for the sole purpose of promoting the one event licence. MA has instigated this for riders benefits to GO RACING AGAIN.
Collectively promoting this concept we will see larger grids and larger grins on faces again, this is all we need,cheers Keith.
Go to Top of Page

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2005 :  12:42:12 PM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

Without getting off the subject too much I add to the discussion on choosing what race meetings to consider entering.
The HMRAV have been successfully promoting meetings at Broadford and deserve a special mention.The facilities provided offer the best atmosphere for racing and spectators alike within very easy reach of Melbourne.The track resurfacing has improved the circuit measurably (lap times tumbling)the newly sealed road into the circuit,toilets are alwayts clean and you can have a hot shower at days end.
The HMRAV commitee continue to do a difficult job with aplomb and have my greatest thanks.
So when YOU decide when and where to race again next year consider the great meetings held at Broadford.Events that always encompass great fun racing and nightly entertainment(Bands,Movie nights,catering) in a family friendly environment with camping facilities available at every meeting.Cheers Keith.
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2005 :  6:35:48 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

I support any club which will take the trouble to run a bike meeting. We've all got a bit cranky with John at times, but there's one thing you can't take away from him, he runs a good meeting. If he's prepared to continue doing that he's got my vote of confidence.
It's a pity more clubs wouldn't make the same effort as HMRAV to get historic racing up and going.
I believe it's extremely important for the future of road racing generally in Australia. Where else is the next generation of tuners coming from?

Is your machine authentic or merely eligible?
Go to Top of Page

Yami9876
Level 1 Member

New South Wales

8 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2005 :  9:08:05 PM  Show Profile Send Yami9876 a Private Message  

There won't be "tuner's" in the future because there is no appeal to the younger generations, due to the lack of promotion and the "Howard" Governments Industrial relations reform, makes apprenticeships and speacialized fields of work look unappealing, most are getting jobs or going to Universities, though hopefully in the future I will be able to call myself a tuner/mechanical engineer, My future goal is to be the next Fred Walmsley.

Cheers Andy
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2005 :  05:38:26 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

Amazing the number of mechanical engineers with no mechanical skills. I believe a lot of their incompetence is due to 'learning by rote'. It's all about taking the easy path these days. Building your own motorcycle and racing it is just too hard for a lot of people, however as we know, doing that can give us the biggest kick ever.
Motorcycle racing is a bad vice, but there was a time of crisis, when the RAAF showed a preference for recruiting motorcyclists.
I believe we should take pride in our sport, and recognise that we all have some pretty unusual abilities. There's a lot to be said for having an active manhood. How would you like to reach old age never having experienced a physical risk of any type?

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2005 :  05:44:36 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

Keith, I had a talk to Renea yesterday, and he's pretty taken with the single event licence. I think he'll be a starter next year, we're about to operate on the Triumph.
Best Regards,
Alan Cotterell

Go to Top of Page

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2005 :  10:53:01 AM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

Good stuff Alan.So far so good.In a few short weeks we have secured 2 riders who are willing to make their comeback.
Now who else can we think of?
Gavin Smith and wife Fiona ,haven't spotted them for a while.
Rex Porter
Peter o'Neill's building 2 bikes at moment.
Clyde Lindstrom
???? Cunningham rode BSA's
Peter Forkes
Alan Landers
Idont have any older programs at my disposal right now but there are many more who must be easily contactable via Club Membership lists of as little as 5 Years ago?
The sidecar club ran a meeting at Winton a few years ago I entered which had riders not seen in a while.
So I call upon you again to put your thinking caps on and get on the phone to those whom you can contact and urge you to do so.Cheers Keith.
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2005 :  4:20:23 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

A while back I spoke to Wally Campbell and Rob Phillis about historic superbikes. Wally has the Honda supported RC30 he rode in the Six Hour in the early 80s, and Robbie has access to an ex-Cros Moriwaki Kawasaki. How about running a couple of New Era 1 & 2 races and try to get them back into it?

Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2005 :  4:22:39 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  

I believe Alan Landers has gone back to riding speedway, after having logbook difficulties.

Go to Top of Page

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2009 :  8:29:27 PM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

1559 people read this post, 3 responded!

There are interested readers out there but why not participants??????????

Who knows how many "blokes" have bikes?

MA have 1500 log books ( approx )

What needs to get across to the non starters is there is still fun to be had,time and again.
With appropriate planning all logged bikes should get out to at least 1 meeting per annum..... I put it to you readers again !
Not what you read but what are you doing?
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2009 :  11:03:31 PM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

The same format has been used for historic meetings for the last 37 years. Perhaps we need to try a different approach to the way we run the races - more 'feature races' based on capacity classes for particular TYPES of machine?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services