Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Team Ossa
 Ossa Resto's
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

ossalad
Level 1 Member

Victoria

8 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2008 :  12:12:39 AM  Show Profile Send ossalad a Private Message  

This Ossa site is for all those Ossa owners interested in getting their machines back on track, we are a dedicated bunch of blokes who have, and are restoring bikes and using them, we will have 4 road racers in the near future (1 already going) and want to attack the dirt scene as well.
So All you Ossa enthusiasts get on line and let us know of your plight, lets get them going. OSSALAD.

Edited by - ossalad on 27 Mar 2008 08:28:35 AM

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2008 :  8:17:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  

had a couple of vintage dirt track races at Nepean on my 250 Stilletto late last year,(till the gearbox started playing up !!),it's a mid 60's 4 speeder (428 chain),with later 250 barrell,all good fun,cheers Mick
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2008 :  10:22:37 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Great to hear that more are coming. If Broadford was anything of a yard stick it seems that historic racing is growing in popularity. Let's keep building our sport.
Happy John

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

A wise person simplifies the complicated, a fool complicates the simple.
Go to Top of Page

oldonk
Level 2 Member

Australian Capital Territory

84 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2008 :  12:12:13 PM  Show Profile Send oldonk a Private Message  

OK all is getting better, but are there any more Ossa's out there? Where did they come from in the first place?

Edited by - oldonk on 02 Apr 2008 1:04:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

ossalad
Level 1 Member

Victoria

8 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2008 :  8:49:40 PM  Show Profile Send ossalad a Private Message  

Seems that more Ossa's are coming out of the woodwork, may we get a good following going here in Aus. There certainly are more being worked on, so I would like to see more in comptetitive mode, as a "Team Ossa" , see how we go, keep pushing on. Cheers Ossalad.
Go to Top of Page

ossalad
Level 1 Member

Victoria

8 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2008 :  11:57:36 AM  Show Profile Send ossalad a Private Message  

My interest started after Ash Wednesday when a neighbour gave me an MAR rolling chassis, so I started looking for more, picked the next one up out of the Trading Post in The Basin, just kept going on and off. Now the shed has the MAR & Six Day Replica & Super Pioneer done and rideable with the race bike on the way, next Ossa to do is an an UK version of the Explorer, with alloy tank, other projects to finish are Hot Water Bottle speedway chair, 550/4 "SL" dirt bike and 1951 R.E. 500 twin. Ossa's first.

Edited by - ossalad on 19 Apr 2008 3:07:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ossa 171
Level 1 Member

Victoria

5 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2008 :  12:00:46 PM  Show Profile Send Ossa 171 a Private Message  

Ossalad,
As I am the only one I know road racing an SDR, I would like to hear of any one curently road racing an Ossa.
I have been involved with Historic cars for a few years and enjoy the REGULARITY. It takes some skill to lap consistantly in traffic.
I would really like to see regularity introduced into historic road racing.
It has become very popular at Philip Island Historic Cars with TWO full grids.
Go to Top of Page

ossalad
Level 1 Member

Victoria

8 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2008 :  2:18:51 PM  Show Profile Send ossalad a Private Message  

G'day Ossa 171, I know of only one ossa being road raced in Victoria as well (until the colapse of a bearing recently) and one in W.A. Which part of Vic. are you in? ossalad.
Go to Top of Page

Ossa 171
Level 1 Member

Victoria

5 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2008 :  10:45:19 AM  Show Profile Send Ossa 171 a Private Message  

[quote]Originally posted by ossalad

G'day Ossa 171, I know of only one ossa being road raced in Victoria as well (until the colapse of a bearing recently) and one in W.A. Which part of Vic. are you in? ossalad.

Melboune subs.
Thats me. Bottom up rebuild on its way as soon as I get over my double break in my collarbone from an incident at the Vic Titles.
Never mind, lets get more Ossa's racing some how.

I would like to know if Ossa owners would be interested in regularity style racing. Please let us know.
Go to Top of Page

ossalad
Level 1 Member

Victoria

8 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2008 :  2:09:22 PM  Show Profile Send ossalad a Private Message  

I will be putting the Reg. trial event to the committee on monday nite, see what we come up with, I thnk it will be good for current race bikes plus the others that don't want "race" but want to "air" their machines anyway, will let you know.
Go to Top of Page

Ossa59
Level 1 Member

Western Australia

2 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2008 :  7:18:27 PM  Show Profile Send Ossa59 a Private Message  

Hi ossa171
Did you do your collarbone racing the ossa?
Which bearing let go
Roadracing a ossa definately rebuild crank with yamaha rod converion
Been racing a ossa over here in the west last 6 years or so
Cheers
Go to Top of Page

ossalad
Level 1 Member

Victoria

8 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2008 :  09:22:38 AM  Show Profile Send ossalad a Private Message  

G'day Ossa 59,How's things going over in the west? OK I hope. Do you have the Yamaha part number for the rod, I should be starting on my motor soon, adios!
Go to Top of Page

Ossa 171
Level 1 Member

Victoria

5 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2008 :  12:04:04 PM  Show Profile Send Ossa 171 a Private Message  

Ossa59,
I did the Ossa bearing during the first run on Sat. Due to the genorosity of a fellow competitor, I was on his RD350LC No:102 at the time.
More importantly, please list Yamaha parts for restore, I am very interested to hear what thay are, both me and Ossalad.
Go to Top of Page

Ossa59
Level 1 Member

Western Australia

2 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2008 :  11:16:00 PM  Show Profile Send Ossa59 a Private Message  

Hi
The Yamaha rod is off an old YA6 125cc model
part 137-11651-00 conrod.NLA ex gen yamaha. Most of the usa ossa dealers have had these remade with the correct crankpin stepped/early straight/late pins as the std yamaha pin was to short
The flywheels need machining to allow for the wider big end
A must do when constant HIGH revs are being used
Cheers
Go to Top of Page

ossalad
Level 1 Member

Victoria

8 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2008 :  06:15:13 AM  Show Profile Send ossalad a Private Message  

Thanks for that Ossa 59, will make sure that our builders here in the East are aware of it for their builds. adios
Go to Top of Page

Lyndon
Level 1 Member

Victoria

1 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2008 :  6:36:09 PM  Show Profile Send Lyndon a Private Message  

G'day

Finally got my log in sorted.
Have a few OSSA's in the shed but only one goes at the current moment. There is a 230 pioneer, 72 MAR 74 MAR 75 Explorer, 71 Pioneer, 76 Superpioneer, 72? SDR and a stilleto frame and engine. Clearing the shed of car stuff to free up room to finish projects.

Lyndon
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2008 :  08:26:07 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

wot's appenin in Ossaland? Anyfink?
Cheers, John

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

A wise person simplifies the complicated, a fool complicates the simple.
Go to Top of Page

ossalad
Level 1 Member

Victoria

8 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2008 :  09:30:49 AM  Show Profile Send ossalad a Private Message  

G'day John, The list of "ossanuts" is growing, from West Aus. to Queensland and a lot in between, we have had an offer to a ride day in central Victoria, have yet to make more details available when I talk with the owner of the propery this weekend, will have to be a 2 day'er for most of us to be feasible with the distances to travel, more details will be posted when available. Otherwise work on my road racer is progressing slowly, had to alter plans when I got a load of Ossa parts in recently, but can now put some matching number bikes together, a very busy couple of years for this old "ossanut" coming up. adios , Doug "ossalad".
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2009 :  2:35:43 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

The HMRAV are running a Come and Try day at Broadford on the first sat in Dec 2009.
More details will be on teh You must be logged in to see this link. site when I sort them out.

A minimal fee will apply, to be agreed by teh committee. The sidecars are having their come and try the day after, so come for the weekend.

As for Regularity, whilst there has been some interest expressed, the overwhelming view at the moment is they would rather watch paint dry.
I have drafted a set of regulations, but there is no subsattial interest at all for the moment.

Personally I like to see some of the car regualrity vehicles, but I see more of them in the pits where they are of real interest to me.

Drum up support.
The other issue again is what part of the weekends racing to we alter to get a regularity in. We have tried a few runs of machines, but people have misbehaved and we have got into trouble over it. So we are a bit "gun shy" at the moment.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services