Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Honda CB350 Racers Promotion
 Honda CB 350 1969
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2009 :  3:56:54 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

66mm is what you're after, mate, takes it to 348cc !(Standard bore of 64mm gives 325cc). There's a chance they were 'std' in a GPZ750 Kawasaki, but they are hard to get these days, so if you're getting some trick pistons from Buff, then still hang on to the 66mm slugs, they will be of some use, either in a spare motor or for someone else. If all else fails, you can use them to get yours rolling. Those motors don't need much more than a cam, some carbs and pipes, and a bit of a boost in the breathing department, to go ok. They used to be just about as cheap as you could go racing, nowadays they're a bit dearer, speshly when you lean on them hard. But there's plenty of us on this forum that have had a lot of enjoyable race mileage from them, so if you're in any doubt when ploughing ahead with the job, ask away ! One of us will probably be awake......
Go to Top of Page

jvdairlie
Level 2 Member

Queensland

48 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2009 :  6:12:19 PM  Show Profile Send jvdairlie a Private Message  

Thanks again GD66

New topic - what's the options for a block off plug for the now redundant kick starter shaft?? I've found something for the starter hole.

James
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2009 :  8:31:47 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

Have a blank machined, or I think CAT Racing in the UK lists one. Mick is gently wending his way home, but he may have a solution. If you can't blank the kickstart off, it does no harm to leave it on. But the starter motor's gotta go...
Go to Top of Page

Ben
Honda CB350 Racers Promotion - Moderator

Victoria

288 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2009 :  10:34:43 AM  Show Profile Send Ben a Private Message  

Full steam ahead James! I also meant to add RE: the cam journals - Hales Honda can install a bronze bush in the standard journals on exchange at a very reasonable price.

Regarding the kick start shaft hole - I use (as does Mick I think) a welsch plug, coated in a little devcon/gasket goo and tapped carefully into place. I will take measurements and advise - if I have a spare I am happy to send it up - thats how it works in the K community, if you have it and are not using it and someone else needs it pass it on for the greater good!!

P.S - I have a spare set of henning rings (the thin type - one used for 5 laps the other new) to suit your new pistons - I have no use for them now! Will send you a PM.

Try Everything
Go to Top of Page

Ben

Victoria

288 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2009 :  7:33:01 PM  Show Profile Send Ben a Private Message  

As mentioned above: I used an 18mm bronze welsh plug to blank off the kick start shaft hole. Sorry James, no spare that I could find! I got mine from an auto parts store from memory.

Try Everything
Go to Top of Page

jvdairlie
Level 2 Member

Queensland

48 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  5:55:10 PM  Show Profile Send jvdairlie a Private Message  

Hello Ben

Thanks for the info'. I should be able to sort a plug out for the kick starter. Got a nicely machined blank for the starter from USA - very well priced and a quality looking piece.

Many parts arriving now and soon I'll be starting to assemble the engine. I'm trying to locate someone who does vapour blasting in QLD so I don't have to send parts to NSW or VIC.

James
Go to Top of Page

jvdairlie
Level 2 Member

Queensland

48 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2009 :  5:57:39 PM  Show Profile Send jvdairlie a Private Message  

Hello Ben

Thanks for the info'. I should be able to sort a plug out for the kick starter. Got a nicely machined blank for the starter from USA - very well priced and a quality looking piece.

Many parts arriving now and soon I'll be starting to assemble the engine. I'm trying to locate someone who does vapour blasting in QLD so I don't have to send parts to NSW or VIC.

James
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2009 :  10:08:07 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

Ahoy, Ben, Keith and Eddie, and other CB350 victims, James (jvdairlie) has finished the build on his CB350, and it looks magnificent. Warning you now, when you clap eyes on it, you'll bar up ! Well done, James.
Go to Top of Page

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2009 :  7:44:09 PM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

Good stuff. James can't wait to see the bike.... when are you "coming out"?
Maybe post some pics?
See you at B/F GD66 !
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2009 :  9:15:59 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

Roger, red leader. James can't post at the mo: can you send me your email Keith, I can send you a pic to put up.
Go to Top of Page

Ben

Victoria

288 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2009 :  9:15:10 PM  Show Profile Send Ben a Private Message  

Well done James. I look forward to seeing and hearing it. Maybe you'll give the mighty Lauder honda with KC as pilot a run for its money.

Best of luck - maybe see you around.

Ben.

Try Everything
Go to Top of Page

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2009 :  1:11:40 PM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

G'day GD you can get me on cambie@bigpond.net.au
See you next week at B/F
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2009 :  7:28:11 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

Thanks Keith, pics are sent......regards GD
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.18 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services