Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Historic - Classic, Post Classic & F/Era Sidecars
 Sidecar Functions
 2009 Sidecar gathering
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

oldonk
Level 2 Member

Australian Capital Territory

84 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2009 :  2:00:11 PM  Show Profile Send oldonk a Private Message  

I came down for thsi event.
It was fabulous and I hope those who felt it would not work, come along next year. 60 odd people had a great time with plenty of chatter at the start until Doug Dukes undedrtook MC duties, introduced JD, Lindsay Urquart and eventually many others who wanted to share yarns. I think Matty Johnson told the biggest story when he claimed to have been the only sober person at the Finke Rally a few years ago.
Many voted to hold the event everyyear.

I heard the organisers are already planning a talk / interview with the riders who travelled overseas.
Also they will search for DVD's etc of action to have in the back ground.

Well done fellas great show.

Edited by - oldonk on 07 Jun 2009 2:01:51 PM

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2009 :  5:22:15 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Jean soke about her 4 years in Europe in the 50's, lindsay Urquart spoke about his travels and success, Ray Kelly was please 3 of his outfits he built are still racing.
# speedway blokes had some fun relating to incidents and bewing towed long distances. Gary Cleeland won the prize for the longest tow, Port Augusta to Perth.
Mat Johnson may have told the biggest porky when he claimed to have been the only one sober at a Finke Desert rally event some time ago, he also won the Harlot award for having ridden with the most riders.

We had about 8 Aussie Champions in the room and many Vic. Champions as well.
Overall a great evening.

I have asked one of the club members to assist in filming some stories for next year, and Max Hoioper has committeed to tracking down Barry Thompson who rode a Rennsport in Europe for many years in the 60's. More later
I left a midnight I am not sure how long the others went on for, but the Oakleigh Bowls club felt they needed more bar staff for next time and we will plan some pizzas etc perhaps.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services