Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Promotion of all 125's
 125cc Riders' Alliance
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2009 :  4:11:57 PM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Maybe it is time we formed an alliance to give 125 riders a voice.
What are your thoughts?
Cheers, John

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

A wise person simplifies the complicated, a fool complicates the simple.

revhd
Level 2 Member

Victoria

108 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2009 :  11:58:36 PM  Show Profile Send revhd a Private Message  

Yes good idea but do you think they will listen too us????????????/

125 alliance
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2009 :  09:50:33 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

If we make a noise we will be heard.
If we remain silent nothing will change.
I'm for making a noise.
Cheers, John

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2009 :  10:27:56 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

The sidecar blokes and the 350 Honda group use thsi site for self promotion, why not try it.
I thinks it is a top idea.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2009 :  10:47:44 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

The Southern Classic is the next opportunity to boost the 125 field.
This can only happen by having all 125s in the same race.
The H.M.R.A.V., as the sole promoter of historic racing in Victoria, has a responsibility to ensure that race meetings cater for all classes equally to encourage participation in our sport.
Now is the time to show leadership.
Cheers, John

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2009 :  10:04:10 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

My personal opinion coming up here.
I think it is the responsibility of riders to get the numbers. the sidecars were left out at Phillip Island when we got down to 4, we pulled our fingers out, promoted ourselves, found new teams and now we have good numbers.
No promoting club would be responsible for running races with miniscule numbers on the grid. The club can only get the meeting going, get a crowd and provide an opportunity to race for allcomers, the riders have the responsibility of getting to the track and getting more to the track.
That is showing leadership in a responsible way.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2009 :  3:16:38 PM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

I agree John.
It is up to us to recruit the riders.
We are getting there, albeit slowly.
Cheers, John

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2009 :  4:07:36 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I saw this from a club in SA.
"RD Racers
Wednesday, July 11th, 2007

If you own, race, or would like to own or race and RD250/350 LC, or just like pulling them apart (I know I do) get on the LC Register. This is to keep the 28+ members in touch with race meetings, parts, and bikes for sale. It costs nothing to join, just sms your email and a small note (ie Mike Doohan, RD Racer / own 2, RDphile@blahblah.com.au) to 0438881519, or email brett.metcalf@atujara.org.au and Brett will add your details.
People with RD400’s, TZ’s or other similar 2 strokes are encouraged to participate.

There are lots of riders who can’t do every meeting, the idea is to get as many as possible on the track at the one time. The race entry forms will be forwarded to you if you have an email address, as well as who is likely to enter, so you can work out which trophy has your name on it. "

You 125 blokes could do the same.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2009 :  6:09:27 PM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

In the seventies Yam RDs were like backsides - everybody had one. Since we got into historic racing there has been special rules prohibiting use of RD parts in some classes - wot was that all about? More silly rules, for wot purpose? It just meant the RDs went down the tip. It's really simple - period 4 bikes can use alcohol and don't have reed valves . Period 5 bikes can't use alcohol but have reed valves -wots the problem with using RD parts? I think someone got really precious when they were writing the rules. And they stuffed it up.
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2009 :  8:00:37 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Glen20 is it getting cold up there in Central Vic.
This is the 125 area.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2009 :  07:44:19 AM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

Jon wot are you on about? Who was it firsts mentioned RD in a 125 list
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2009 :  10:04:32 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Well, the turn out at the Southern Classic was very encouraging despite the lack of 4 stroke representation.
BOYS, I HAVE THE TIME AND THE INCLINATION TO FORM A REGISTER OF 125 RIDERS.
I could possibly do it on my own but it will happen much quicker if others help me.
If I can get names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses I can set up a data base so that we can all be kept in the ring.
Please send me your details and those of anyone else you know of who should be included.
Together we can build our sport.
Did you get a copy of the survey?
It is your chance to make your opinions known.
Cheers, John

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2009 :  10:53:08 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

can I suggest you all keep it off the site and do it via PM or emails.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2009 :  7:11:41 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

Why not just let it run, John ? You've already got a thread entitled "Promotion of all 125s", and the CB350 and Ossa threads have, by your own admission, worked well. I can confirm that the dialogue between members of the CB350 forum has seen the dissemination of info between five states, and that all participants are now firm friends.
Also, if any of us field enquiries from prospective 125 punters, we would be able to simply point them at the 125 Promotion thread. If a list of contacts is published, we'd all have plenty of info to ensure the ongoing flow of updates and collaboration.
It's not news to report that nowadays each class is pretty much responsible for its' own future, so I reckon a prolongation of this thread could do no harm, seeing as we've just witnessed a revival of the 125s which only a few months ago was preceded by the dreaded "boycott" option....

Edited by - GD66 on 27 Oct 2009 7:12:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2009 :  06:12:10 AM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

can I suggest you all keep it off the site and do it via PM or emails.

Why has this suggestion turned negative immediately it's been made? This web site was intially created to promote chat amongst historic racers, and create better racing. If the 125 Riders Alliance gets up and going, it will have fulfilled its purpose?
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2009 :  06:34:19 AM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

Why not just let it run, John ?

Fellas - Big Brother is watching you! Don't put anything even remotely controversial on this web site!
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2009 :  08:19:06 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

John Daley, I am surprised that you would even suggest such a thing.
This is not A.S.I.O. or A.S.I.S.
It is a forum.
My dictionary defines a forum as a meeting or medium for open discussion or debate. Note the word open.
You have nothing to fear, I am not seeking to recruit 125cc terrorists, merely trying to establish a network so that we can keep in touch in an attempt to strengthen the class.
Isn't that what you did and still do to promote sidecars?

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

Go to Top of Page

revhd
Level 2 Member

Victoria

108 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2009 :  09:50:08 AM  Show Profile Send revhd a Private Message  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jonh Feakes wrote
Well, the turn out at the Southern Classic was very encouraging despite the lack of 4 stroke representation.
BOYS, I HAVE THE TIME AND THE INCLINATION TO FORM A REGISTER OF 125 RIDERS.
I could possibly do it on my own but it will happen much quicker if others help me.
If I can get names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses I can set up a data base so that we can all be kept in the ring.
Please send me your details and those of anyone else you know of who should be included.
Together we can build our sport.
Did you get a copy of the survey?
It is your chance to make your opinions known.
Cheers, John

John i think you have my details,,,correct??

125 alliance
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2009 :  10:16:51 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Peter, yes, I do have your details and I thank you for your interest and support.
We can make this happen, we will make this happen.
H.M.R.A.V. are promoting a come and try day on the 5th of December at Broadford.
Maybe we could have a few 125s there as a display feature to try to recruit new blood. Any thoughts?
Cheers, John

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

Go to Top of Page

oldonk
Level 2 Member

Australian Capital Territory

84 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2009 :  10:45:16 AM  Show Profile Send oldonk a Private Message  

There is a problem with publishing names and home addresses on the web, I am sure that is what John daley would have been talking about.
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2009 :  1:27:20 PM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

To the best of my knowledge no one has suggested that names and addresses be published anywhere.
When I have something to say I don't have to hide behind a pseudonym, I am happy to stand up and be counted.
John Daley is capable of speaking for himself.
This is for 125cc racers and those who would like to help further the class.
Are you with us?

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2009 :  08:16:24 AM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

Bikes up to 250cc will probably be the future of 'historic racing'. The question has to be - 'where is the next generation of historic racers to come from? ' Surely 125s, buckets, and juniors have to be the answer? If it isn't we'll simply see the bikes already racing, move into different hands as their owners die off, and the actual numbers won't increase! John Feake's intitiative might just start improving what is currently a poorly supported class. The really good thing about 125s is that they're not fast, and offer a reasonably priced competitive ride - a good way to start racing!
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2009 :  09:00:21 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

I did assume from what I read that somebody may have started placing names and address on the web site, hence my comments.
Al I am not trying to stifle discussion.

John Daley Sidecar #68

Edited by - john on 29 Oct 2009 3:38:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2009 :  3:18:32 PM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

John, Motorcycle clubs generally are 'not-for-profit' organisations incorporated under the companies act in each state . The model articles of association show a clear intention that the proceedings of the clubs should be democratic. I suggest this forum should try to promote the same concept!
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2009 :  3:41:06 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Al I am not sure where you are trying to go with your points here. I have not said nor done anything to suggest democracy is not ok.

BUt I can say that from my experience democracy is actually dead within motorcycle clubs because very few even turn up to vote or talk about anything. So the issue is not stifling discussion, but actually how do we get people to give an opinion.

I suggest we stick to the topic which is how to grow 125 racer numbers.

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2009 :  5:57:32 PM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

The best hope we've got of getting democracy into our sport lies with forums like this! The old mechanism of going to a club meeting and priming up an MV rep hasn't worked for at least the last 30 years! If we get someone like John Feakes who will actually DO something, like build up a database of 125 riders, we should do our utmost to encourage him! I suggest the more chat we get on these forums, the more likely we are to improve our sport. So let's be ENCOURAGING? If you get criticism, take it on board then forget it. We know you do a good job! We bother discussing things with you because YOU are the one running the meetings!
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2009 :  08:15:11 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Any 125 riders out there?
I have 2 potential new ones that I am trying to lead astray.
Let's concentrate on the main subject please.
Cheers, John

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2009 :  10:17:47 AM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

leading is what it's about
Go to Top of Page

reamers
Level 1 Member

Victoria

3 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2009 :  1:21:48 PM  Show Profile Send reamers a Private Message  

Hi Guys,

I'm the proud new owner of a 69 Honda CB 125K3 that I'm fixing up as a project. Parts In Australia seem to be pretty scarce so I'm keen to join any mailing lists that are around. I'm pretty far off from racing it at the moment, but who knows once its finished :)

Cheers,
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2009 :  2:43:06 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

tell me about this model/

John Daley Sidecar #68
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2009 :  3:16:54 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

Have you had a trawl through the Phil Denton Engineering (Wales)website, Reamers ?
Also a surprising amount of stuff on the David Silver Spares(UK) site. And worth mentioning BK Performance, previously Bert Kingston Honda, in Queensland. Get typing, son !

Edited by - GD66 on 14 Nov 2009 3:25:36 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services