Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Honda CB350 Racers Promotion
 350 Wiring
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

racer7
Level 2 Member

67 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2010 :  3:04:13 PM  Show Profile Send racer7 a Private Message  

I want to try a total loss system on another motor. I have a Pirahna on one motor, a Newtronic and PVL on others. This motor is in a barn find bike, but the original harness has provided rats some nourishment
I need connect a battery to ??????????, the the earth to ?????????? so I can use the points in place, and get it running without cannibalizing the others.
Also I've never done it before, so I'd like to know how .
Pretty please
racer7

racer7
Level 2 Member

67 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2010 :  07:55:01 AM  Show Profile Send racer7 a Private Message  

OK, got it figured out. For those who'd also like to know:
I sliced into the main harness to locate the Red wire, about where the Main Harness splits into three. Put in an inline switch to this wire. Connected the other side of the switch to the Black/ White wires off the Coils. The Yellow and Blue wires from the Points/ Coils and Condenser stay to the original connectors. Voila A few kicks to the starter lever, a few squirts of 'Start Ya B*stard', and in a roar of oily smoke, (enough to really piss Ms Penny Wong off ) things shooting out what's left of the exhausts, this unused for 15 years Barn find, settled into an uneven idle Ahhh, the rats that had made this home for so long certainly knew a good thing
racer7
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2010 :  08:07:05 AM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

Nice going, 7. What you've done more or less replicates the setup remaining on my Dyna 3 system. And well done on finding a remaining barn find. Most were dumped, and the rest have usually been snapped up by racers...
Go to Top of Page

racer7
Level 2 Member

67 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2010 :  6:05:09 PM  Show Profile Send racer7 a Private Message  

Thanks 66. Several U.S. sites suggest 10's of thousands of these were sold there (65,000?). Proportionately, that would equate to how many in Oz? That would have to have been 5,000 + ? I wonder where they all are these days, minus the couple of dozen (?) racing around the traps, and the Industrial Bins around the Country. Some 6 - 7 years ago, I gave Chris Dupen of Net Bikes, the heads up of a guy in Tara, Qld who had a heap of them. No idea what happened to the 'stock' Chris collected. I still live in hope of finding a AJS 7R at a "Just take it away Son" price!
I really do know a guy who got a Yamaha TR 2 that was hanging up in a local panel beaters.
Oh well, I also hope to win Lotto too
racer7
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services