Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Promotion of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Historic Winton 2010 reports
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2010 :  10:43:27 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

A special thansk to all competitors who returned the transponders.
Everybody returned them, something that has never happened before. That makes it easier for the committee.

Results are published somewhere I will find the link.

Bruce Mapleston from the Austin & club came down and addressed the riders on Sunday morning. He talked about the importance of the continuance of the 2 plus 4 event and reminded everybody that had to remember that bikes are an important part of the evnt and there is no truth in the rumours about bikes not being invited.
Questions were asked from the floor and answers were given.
From discussions later I obtained the opinion taht riders were relieved to hear the news and ralise the gossip is incorrect.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2010 :  1:05:20 PM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  

Thanks to all again at the HMRAV, you are bloody terrific!

John..... can you make it sunny on both days next year, cheers
Keith.

It really is nice to have been told how important the bikes are to the success of this meeting. It reaffirms what the faces in the spectator area adjoining the dummy grid tells me every time i line up, THEY LOVE THE BIKES.
Little kids through to their grandparents all jostling for a view of us MAD bikers risking it all in all conditions for them to marvel at.
It is a great, friendly meeting with broad appeal for all racing enthusiasts.
See you there again and again.
Go to Top of Page

reefminer
Level 1 Member

Victoria

4 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2010 :  09:57:38 AM  Show Profile Send reefminer a Private Message  

I couldn't agree more about the looks on the faces of the spectators at the dummy grid. I was on duty over the whole weekend on the pit gate and each time the bikes formed up on the dummy grid, the crowds would come and have a look. Also when the bikes were racing the crowds were all watching. They would go for a pie or chips etc. during the older car classes. The comments about the bravery/madness of the bike riders were many, especially on Saturday when conditions were dreadful. I felt that the grids in some classes (cars and bikes) were a little down but to see more old touring cars, open wheeler racing cars and sports type racing cars was great. The racing was terrific. It would be nice to see a few more bikes in some classes but overall Winton 2010 was a great success. I will be back again next year and more.

Darren Sutton
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  8:36:27 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Thanks fellas.
All we all need to do now is keep the rain coming, and encourage anybody who hints they may be interested in becoming involved.
I have had two or three ring me in the last few weeks, all of whom will be coming to the Southern Classic in October.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services