Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 General Comments
 MA remembers Mick Ronke
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2013 :  4:46:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Very sad news. I brought my first bike from a Mick Ronke shop. My sincerest condolences to Mick’s family..

Sent: Tuesday, 30 April 2013 4:19 PM
Subject: MA remembers Mick Ronke

Media Release
For immediate release
30 April 2013

Motorcycling Australia’s (MA) CEO, David White, has released the following statement regarding the death of one of motorcycling’s respected racetrack administrators, Mick Ronke.

“We were deeply shocked and saddened to hear about the loss of Mick Ronke. Mick died after suffering heart problems and passed away peacefully with his family by his side.

Over the 25 years that I have worked with Mick, I have always found him to be a passionate supporter of motorsport and a leading administrator. He will be sorely missed in the motorsport community.

On behalf of MA I would like to extend our sincerest condolences to Mick’s family and all those who knew him.”

- End -

For further information please contact:

Peggy Tuinstra
Media Officer
Motorcycling Australia

Regards,

David
Webmaster & Owner of Classic Motorcycling Australia

Quote: I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted to be paid.

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2013 :  06:34:41 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Mick Ronke was CEO of Winton Motor Raceway, Secretary of Benalla Auto Club, and President of Winton Motorcycle Club. In his latter role he developed reciprocal rights between the motorcycle club, and the auto club. Through the auto club he financed the building of our motocross circuit and subsequent events which involved TV coverage through his employee Terry O'Neill and Terry's company Formula Extreme. Benalla Auto Club is a partner in that organisation, and a stalwart body behind motorcycle racing in NE Victoria.

Mick was a true friend and an implacable foe to negativity and those who would profit from our sport without contributing!

His death is a great loss to motorcycling, and motorsport generally. When he was alive 'the sky was the limit'.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Is your machine authentic or merely eligible?

Edited by - acotrel on 03 May 2013 07:15:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

Patrick
Level 3 Member

Victoria

314 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2013 :  10:22:52 PM  Show Profile Send Patrick a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Service on Tuesday 07/05 at Corporate Centre, Winton Raceway 1:00pm
RIP Mick
Go to Top of Page

JasonL
Level 3 Member

Victoria

240 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2013 :  2:02:55 PM  Show Profile Send JasonL a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Never knew him, or even met and I have had my opinions on aspects of Winton raceway, yet this new loss is no more or less for any of that, since too many have gone of late, and I hope we are spared any more for a long time to come.
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2013 :  07:32:30 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

'yet this new loss is no more or less for any of that'

Sorry Jason, however you are wrong in that comment. I suggest you find out what goes on in the background of motor sport in Australia.

Go to Top of Page

JasonL
Level 3 Member

Victoria

240 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2013 :  09:17:36 AM  Show Profile Send JasonL a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

I think you've misunderstood the sentiment Al
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2013 :  6:11:02 PM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Jason. In the story of life , nobody gets out alive. The important thing is to achieve and contribute and Mick did a whole lot of that. I was at his do, today. There were about 300 racers, sponsors, officials from all over the shop,all there. If you heard what he had achieved you would be amazed. However now it is the turn of you young guys. Will you be able to step u to the plate and do as well ? I got a laugh last year at the vet.racers dinner when they read out the names of those who had recently dropped of the perch, and mine wasn't read out. But I was almost there a while back, I've been using delaying tactics .

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services