Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 General Comments
 Allen Burt's Bikes
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2008 :  9:21:19 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

We have read in the press during the week that due to the ongoing diligent work of the police, a breakthrough has been made in the case of the disappearance of the missing race bikes of Isle of Man rep and Continental Circus member Allen Burt, whose machines were stolen from his home while he was in hospital a number of years ago. Without going too far into the intricacies of this investigation, we can say that police have laid charges against two brothers from Saltwater Point, near Nowra, NSW. Well, I can tell you now that if those two brothers turn up at any classic roadrace meeting that I am attending, they can expect the mother and father of bigtime kickings, and I would expect backup from any number of fellow classic racers, not just from NSW, but Australia-wide, in support of this extremely disappointing development in the case.

Edited by - GD66 on 07 Jun 2008 9:22:48 PM

ozziebsa
Level 1 Member

New South Wales

15 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2008 :  10:25:45 PM  Show Profile Send ozziebsa a Private Message  

The pair appear in Nowra Court on June 23. It appears the bikes have not been recovered as yet.
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  09:37:34 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Well, that is encouraging news........to a point. The important thing is to recover the bikes. As for the 2 brothers, they will have their day in court and until they are found guilty we must give them the benefit of the doubt. I truly hope that this eventually leads to the recovery of the bikes for without them there will be no justice done.
Cheers, John

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

A wise person simplifies the complicated, a fool complicates the simple.
Go to Top of Page

Historic
Level 2 Member

New South Wales

46 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2008 :  11:21:44 AM  Show Profile Send Historic a Private Message  

The gentlemen in question are from Sanctury Point, (not saltwater point). Don't know the area myself but believe there is an IGA grocery store in that town.
I agree with Mr Feakes that we must give them the benifit of the doubt, as I'm sure after 10 years the Police must only be a little sure they have the right people, because they always leave something for that long and then charge people at random.
The gents in question no longer turn up to historic meetings, haven't for about 10 years. Not that I'm certain who they are, benifit of the doubt again.
On a totally different topic, if you're into junior road racing then lock your toolbox and trailer. Just a general warning, benifit of the doubt again.
As for GD66 suggestion of an **** kicking. I don't think we should take these matters into our own hands. I'm all for rehabilitation so if a prison sentance is the outcome of the court appearance, and I hope it is, I will be looking for a bloke on the inside by the name of mary to welcome these guys and make sure their ****s are covered, so to speak, each and every day.
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2008 :  6:24:47 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

Apologies for my geographical faux pas. Benefit of the doubt or not, massive credit is due to Peter Smith's efforts in pursuing this case through the years to finally have charges laid. Unfortunately, these days poor Allen Burt is a resident in a rest home, so the lowlifes who perpetrated this vilest of deeds have pretty much effectively trashed the last 10 or so years of a good bloke's life. What makes it worse, is that classic racing is jam packed full of good people, so for this to occur within the classic racing fraternity is disappointing in the extreme.
Recently, at Classic Dirt 5 at Raymond Terrace near Newcastle, a 400 Husqvarna went missing overnight, which led to a massive, and extremely encouraging reaction from within the vintage motocross community, and the machine was traced and returned within a matter of days : a good outcome, but that didn't overshadow the permeating feeling of distaste that such a thing could occur in an environment where the majority of participants are just old buddies having fun riding old bikes....again, extremely disappointing. So let's hope that in the end, Allen's race bikes can be traced, and some degree of justice can be seen to be done. Because, jeez this is a LOW act....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.15 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services