Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Honda CB350 Racers Promotion
 CB350: The Saga!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Jerry
Level 2 Member

South Australia

68 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2009 :  06:21:37 AM  Show Profile Send Jerry a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Dear Ben, It will pay dividends if you deburr and polish the top faces of the valve springs which are in contact with the titanium retainers.This will reduce the wear on the retainers. Jerry Kooistra

Jerry
Go to Top of Page

Ben
Honda CB350 Racers Promotion - Moderator

Victoria

288 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2009 :  09:11:29 AM  Show Profile Send Ben a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Will do, thanks Jerry.

Does anyone have a good source for a decent twin pull fast action twist grip? Tommaselli/Magura or similar?

Try Everything
Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2010 :  9:53:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

geezas dec 09,how time flies ,so whos 350's up for the nats in 4 weeks??,i've entered the 350,just gotta rebuild the top end (again),Ben whats happening,are you & the saga going?,GD?,
Go to Top of Page

Ben

Victoria

288 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2010 :  12:47:45 PM  Show Profile Send Ben a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

The rebuild is still dragging on..... but have all the parts required and rebored cylinders ready to go!! The bike is on the back burner for now (life takes over sometimes eh?) but is always ticking along where possible.

Try Everything
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2010 :  5:46:58 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Ben !! Is it really you, mate ? Didn't spot you at the nats or Southern Classic, so figured you must have parked The Saga up and turned into a human. Be warned, mate, it won't last....
There's a bloke on the other thread looking for an engine builder in Melb for his CB350, maybe you can point him at a tame whizkid in your area.
Did you hear, James Dwight (jvdairlie )has sold his lovely CB350 racer (sob) but happily Ron Angel bought it, so we can expect to see it back out there soon...unfortunately, it'll probably have some hotshot like Rod Tingate or similar aboard...

Hope to see your smiling face at the races again soon, mate.
Regards GD
Go to Top of Page

Ben

Victoria

288 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2011 :  12:08:41 PM  Show Profile Send Ben a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Haa haa. Yep, it is really me Glenn!

I have been keeping a low profile - will be back around the pits as soon as possible!

Will be good to see James' bike out on the track!

I was at the S/C for a couple of hours helping a mate, but did not find you in the pits. Hopefully catch up at the next one!

Cheers, Ben.

Try Everything
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2011 :  7:42:16 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Maybe at the Island Classic, I will be over doing commentary.
Go to Top of Page

racer7
Level 2 Member

67 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2011 :  06:57:47 AM  Show Profile Send racer7 a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Not much happening lately huh?
Well here's some stuff from me. My CR93 (but 350cc) Replica has been running total loss points/ Condenser ignition. Got hold of a Newtronic K4 system from the UK. BUT ..... it has to be the most expensive piece of plastic junk imaginable! Good to see that they're now 'Under Development' on the existing unit. Perhaps using a bit more metal?
Back to points then. So far the two CB350's up here, regularly running 12,000 RPM, using different Cam profiles on needle bearings, are showing no sign of problems, related to machining the cams themselves to suit. Touch wood! There are another couple joining us soon, so there should be 4 CB350's on the track
Cheers
racer7
Go to Top of Page

OldKwak
Level 2 Member

Victoria

156 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2011 :  10:26:25 AM  Show Profile Send OldKwak a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Why not have a look here at ignition systems You must be logged in to see this link. I am sure you will find them very interesting. I am using this in preference to dyna on my Kwak and think they are the bees knees. Totally programmable and reliable and reasonably priced considering what they are. A bit difficult to install due to communication issues (Czech Emglish is even worse than the old Japanese English)but their stuff works and Ducati people love them. They even reply to emails if you can understand them. Have a look I am happy to help where I can.
Go to Top of Page

racer7
Level 2 Member

67 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2011 :  4:08:14 PM  Show Profile Send racer7 a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Thanks for that. One of the bikes up here has a Boretech, two have PVL, and mine points total loss - again.
There's a PAZON System, now made in N.Z. I think the owner/ manufacturer relocated from the U.K. a couple of years ago?
Anyone have any experience with these units?
regards
racer7
Go to Top of Page

conker
Really - acotrel - Now banned

Victoria

361 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2011 :  10:29:03 PM  Show Profile Send conker a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Ben, about the twin pull twist grip - I think you can still back order some TZ350 parts through your local Yamaha agent. I've had two twist grips from that source for a long time, but I recently bought a ccouple of bodywork items which are still available. The twist grips come with three individual part numbers which make up the complete assembly. So you need to make sure you find them all when you are ordering.
Go to Top of Page

OldKwak
Level 2 Member

Victoria

156 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2011 :  07:07:04 AM  Show Profile Send OldKwak a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Had a look at Pazon but didn't suit my bike. Seem to be a remake of the Boyer Ignitions
Go to Top of Page

racer7
Level 2 Member

67 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2012 :  11:31:15 AM  Show Profile Send racer7 a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Well I got tired of adjusting the points ...... so bought a PAMCO total loss system from the USA. About A$115 delivered. Much better then the points and condenser! Fits really well, and the downloadable fitting instructions relatively foolproof!
racer7
Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2013 :  9:32:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

it lives (again ),3 year hibernation,4 new valves,weld/remachined the r/h piston,dragged it off to Mt gambier old farts last weekend,upped the c/shaft to 15,(broady gearing )adjusted valve clearances after sat races,that was it,all good again,actually it's got new clothes,my young bloke did rising sun in blue/white combo,tres cool,good to be back,
Go to Top of Page

acotrel
Advanced Member

Victoria

2147 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2013 :  07:24:01 AM  Show Profile Send acotrel a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

I am jealous. I spoke to Allan Greening just before he died, and we discussed the likelihood that we'd both ride the Seeley 850 at the next old farts meeting. These days, I am pretty skint however we would have made the effort. I'm now looking for another job so I can pay for my vices .

Is your machine authentic or merely eligible?
Go to Top of Page

keith campbell
Level 3 Member

Victoria

248 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2013 :  4:56:30 PM  Show Profile Send keith campbell a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

Good to hear Mick. :)
New clothes also eh ......bike won't know itself.

Now for that Matchy eh?????
Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2014 :  8:22:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  Reply  Reply with Quote  

don't think welding the r/h piston was such a good idea ,let go over Lukey island classic ,small bits of oil ring in the sump plug ,oops,oh well back into hibination
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services