Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with us
Advertise with us

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 Forgotten Era
 P5 Wheels/brakes
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

Bummers
Level 3 Member

Queensland

244 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2007 :  7:54:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bummers's Homepage Send Bummers a Private Message  

I'm trying to find P5 legal disc brake wheels preferably 2.15 wide that will accommodate a twin piston front caliper.
Does anyone know what I can use?

“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” Steve McQueen

OldKwak
Level 2 Member

Victoria

156 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2007 :  8:35:48 PM  Show Profile Send OldKwak a Private Message  

Whats it on?
Go to Top of Page

Bummers
Level 3 Member

Queensland

244 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2007 :  9:04:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bummers's Homepage Send Bummers a Private Message  

It's for my KX125 based road racer.
But I don't think it matters - hopefully we'll be able to space disc or caliper to suit.

Go to Top of Page

Calvin
Level 1 Member

Victoria

3 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2009 :  10:13:18 PM  Show Profile Send Calvin a Private Message  

hey guys. a couple of quick questions for u. my old man has a floating disc set-up on a period 5 race bike but has been knocked back with log book. any ideas on the best way to go? we r looking for some new discs at the moment. does anyone have any, or know where we can get some? we need 300-310mm discs with about a 25mm offset from inside to outside. 5 bolt mount to suit a gsxr750 rim. any information would be appreciated, cheers.

hold it on!!!
Go to Top of Page

Bummers
Level 3 Member

Queensland

244 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2009 :  10:38:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bummers's Homepage Send Bummers a Private Message  

At the moment it seems like we are stuck with replicas or original RG500 race bike floaters. But as from 2011 when the Rules may change there may be others as well. As long as they were manufactured before Dec '82. I haven't done any research, yet. Let us know what you find.

Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2009 :  10:12:37 AM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

Planet discs in Knoxfield can help you.

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page

OldKwak
Level 2 Member

Victoria

156 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2009 :  10:57:21 PM  Show Profile Send OldKwak a Private Message  

Discs, almost as dumb as carbies. The current set of copies of the famed rg500 floaters must not be confused with the crop from the much later road going brother of the XR series (I think, help Keith if you are reading this) of gp suzuki racers that sported these disc brakes. The later versions were also named RG500 but were nothing like the older versions and the discs were different.

As for the copies, the ones Rex uses are manufactured by Manta Enterprises You must be logged in to see this link. He does some very nice stuff but at a price few but the truly serious can afford.

I think by 2011 we will be able to use any discs.
Go to Top of Page

Gosling1
Level 2 Member

Australian Capital Territory

52 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2009 :  10:13:49 PM  Show Profile Send Gosling1 a Private Message  

quote:
Originally posted by OldKwak....I think by 2011 we will be able to use any discs.....

about time is all I can say !

".....we're gonna get it this time......he had his indicator on....."
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2009 :  9:07:51 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

Amen to that ! And while "They" are at it, why not open P3 up to Any Drum ?
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2009 :  07:44:52 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Too simple!
I wrote a submission a year or so back supporting the request that had already been submitted. We got knocked back.
If we try collectively we might get somewhere so maybe we need to start a petition.

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

A wise person simplifies the complicated, a fool complicates the simple.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services