Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Promotion Area of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Promotion of Historic/Classic/Post Classic
 Classic Motorcycle Racing 2008 HMRAV survey
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

David
Site Administrator

Australia

999 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2008 :  7:11:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit David's Homepage Send David a Private Message  

Hello All,

I got this in e-mail from John Daley today, if you would like to fill in the survey and respond to John, that would be great:

Hi All,

With regard to the 2008 survey, I've had 8 returned already, which I feel is a positive.

Amongst those received, some light suggestions, with healthy and positive comments have been made.

As the survey is open to all interested parties, now is the time to send it out into cyberspace. So.....email and attach it to interested people & pass-it-around.

Please download the attached document and forward back to John by faxing to: (03) 9778 3989

Due back before: Jan 1st, 2009

Download Attachment: You must be logged in to see this link.
43.81 KB

Regards,

David
Webmaster & Owner of Classic Motorcycling Australia

Quote: I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted to be paid.

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2008 :  9:37:40 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

Great stuff HMRAV, it's because you bother about " the reasons why" that you are still powering along while NSW and Qld are in deep doo-doo. And John, while you and I don't always agree on everything that comes up, my hat's off because this survey shows you never quit trying to better the game for the benefit of your club and your members. So please HMRAV participants, get it together and respond to the survey and help keep your club pumping. And again, you must be doing something right with the Southern Classic, as Eddie Preston and I have now been lured over twice from WA, and had a screamer of a time on both occasions (cheerio Toddy and Marg). Congrats to all.

Edited by - GD66 on 20 Nov 2008 9:38:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Allan
Site Moderator

National

599 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2008 :  06:34:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Allan's Homepage Send Allan a Private Message  

b. Should another event be considered to “split” the racing Y / N
Victorian Historic Championships (pre-60) Y / N
Victorian Historic Superbike Championships 60’s-80’s Y / N
why the 1960 date when 1962 is the class cut off date

Allan Greening

Edited by - Allan on 21 Nov 2008 06:36:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2008 :  08:09:52 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Possibly the time will come when there will be too many bikes to fit into one meeting.
Perhaps it could be Victorian Historic for P1,P2 and P3 bikes and Victorian Post Classic for P4,P5 and P6 bikes.
I don't like the Superbike idea, it smacks of "bigger is better" and gives too much status to one class.
One thing I think we must be wary of is allowing too many classes and capacities and fragmenting the sport as seems to have happened in N.S.W.
Cheers, John

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

A wise person simplifies the complicated, a fool complicates the simple.
Go to Top of Page

matcho mick
Advanced Member

New South Wales

570 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2008 :  10:56:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit matcho mick's Homepage Send matcho mick a Private Message  

dead on the money there John,(unfortunately)
Go to Top of Page

oldonk
Level 2 Member

Australian Capital Territory

84 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2008 :  12:36:28 PM  Show Profile Send oldonk a Private Message  

I like the HMRAV's F/era 600cc cut off in solos instead of 500cc.
It gives good racing for the 600cc Pantahs and the 350cc Yamahas.
I was never convinced the 500cc cut off was a true reflection for the period since 600cc has been around for a long time.
Why dont other clubs try it just to see if it works for them.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2023 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2023 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services