Not registered? Then you're not seeing all there is to see. Do you want to contribute? Register now by clicking HERE!

Forums  

Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia
Advertise with Classic Motorcycling Australia

All Forums
 Classic, Historic & Post Classic Motorcycling
 General Comments
 Speedway racing notifications revoked
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
  Current Topic Rating: Total Rating: 0 | Join the Forum to Rate this Topic at: Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums  

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2010 :  4:19:24 PM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

You must be logged in to see this link.

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2010 :  07:30:44 AM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

"As a result of the notifications, speedway associations that issue licences in competition with NASR can only host events at Perth and Avalon if their drivers also obtain a NASR licence," ACCC chairman Graeme Samuel said. "This may reduce the attractiveness of competing licensing bodies and reduce their ability to expand their membership.

"Non-NASR licence holders may also be affected in terms of increased costs of accessing additional licences, and with the removal of the ability for participants to race under a NASR day licence for high-powered racing categories."

The ACCC recently revoked similar notifications lodged by Brisbane Speedway, Murray Bridge Speedway and Premier Speedway in Warrnambool. The ACCC is concerned that the notified conduct is becoming more widespread which significantly entrenches the position of NASR in the industry regardless of whether alternate licensing bodies uphold high racing standards.

"The ACCC acknowledges the importance of safety management in speedway racing and that the notified conduct assists to streamline risk management practices. However the notified conduct restricts access to particular licence holders which is anti-competitive and entrenches NASR's position as a licence provider to the detriment of alternate licensing bodies."

Rather than tracks engaging in exclusive dealing arrangements, there are alternate ways to achieve minimum health, safety and competitor conduct standards for the speedway industry.

Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2010 :  08:38:24 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Is that legalese, gibberish or mumbo jumbo?
What were the notifications that were revoked?
What does it actually mean?
Maybe I'm just dumb.

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

A wise person simplifies the complicated, a fool complicates the simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bummers
Level 3 Member

Queensland

244 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2010 :  11:02:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bummers's Homepage Send Bummers a Private Message  

quote:
Originally posted by john feakes

Is that legalese, gibberish or mumbo jumbo?
What were the notifications that were revoked?
What does it actually mean?
Maybe I'm just dumb.

Join the club John. I was too dumb to ask.

“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” Steve McQueen
Go to Top of Page

GD66

Western Australia

390 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2010 :  9:48:05 PM  Show Profile Send GD66 a Private Message  

It's pronounced "arkse"....

Edited by - GD66 on 22 Aug 2010 9:48:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

oldonk
Level 2 Member

Australian Capital Territory

84 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2010 :  08:14:26 AM  Show Profile Send oldonk a Private Message  

It shows that alternatives to MA licences may be used IF another body set up to set standards and issue motorcycle racing licences.
Go to Top of Page

john feakes
Advanced Member

Victoria

791 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2010 :  10:36:45 AM  Show Profile Send john feakes a Private Message  

Still reads like Johspeak to me.
I think I agree that it is intended to say that alternatives are acceptable
but for the life of me I can't see where it actually says that.

125 RIDERS' ALLIANCE

A wise person simplifies the complicated, a fool complicates the simple.
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2010 :  06:36:45 AM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

It finishes a monopoly that controlling bodies always thought was their right. Apparently the speedway drivers association coerced the speedway owners to refuse to accept licences from any other body than their own. It's anticompetitive to insist that only one licence is able to be used for any particular sport. And the ACCC can get involved when it happens. It's very strange stuff, and it's relevant to what's currently happening in motorcycling.
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2010 :  12:50:06 PM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

Oldonk, you're quite correct. In the car racing world there is an alternative body which has set up a company for a particular class of racing to be run at five bitumen circuits in eastern Australia. The old controlling body is claiming the class rules to be their own intellectual property, even though the rules originated form competitors in special interest groups. It's all about control,levies,power and bureacracies - all of which add to the cost of OUR racing.
Go to Top of Page

Alan Cotterell
In a time out state

Victoria

421 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2010 :  12:57:21 PM  Show Profile Send glen20 a Private Message  

I saw a bit of a classic, the other day. It was the course syllabus for Certificate 4 in Motorsport Administration. When these controlling body wa nkers start playing their power games, anything can happen! It all adds to the cost of racing.

Edited by - glen20 on 25 Aug 2010 12:58:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

john
Forum Moderator

Victoria

3130 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2010 :  10:35:04 PM  Show Profile Send john a Private Message  

From what I see everybody loves MV and MA so what is the problem?

John Daley Sidecar #68
' there are those who do, those who dont do and those who undo. We must lampoon the latter."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Motorcycling Australia Forums © 2000 - 2024 Go To Top Of Page
This page was put together in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 by Classic Motorcycling Australia | Web design by: Greening Computer Services